People often get confused when choosing between Web Applications and Websites because of the existing similarities between the two.
Similarities between Web Applications and Websites
- Both Web Applications, as well as the Websites, function through the internet and browsers
- They have a similar programming language pertaining to the back end and front end.
- Both include prominent features such as integration, interactivity, and authentication.
While searching for an online business solution, individuals need to gauge the distinction between developing an application and developing a website.
Both types of web software are immensely different from each other. So, let us find out how do they differ from one another.
KNOW THE DIFFERENCE: WEBSITES & WEB APPLICATIONS
1. Interactive Web Technology
Websites display content that is either visual or readable to its user. But when an individual uses Web Applications, he has the opportunity to interact through this visual or readable content. For instance, he might fill out a form and submit it resulting in a page response being generated. The response might also compel a user to take action which could be anything from downloading a document, online chatting, and digital payment.
Areas where the concept of Interactivity exists
- Online bank application forms also perform transactions on the basis of user experience.
- Online shopping sites encourage people to explore all available items in the catalog and influence their buying behavior.
- Through chat options, they collect data based on user experience and also motivate them to share their content with others endlessly.
- They have several small applications built to enhance the fun activity for the user.
Modern websites are prone to smaller applications that invite interaction with the user whereas traditional websites are quite typical and they focus more on the information. On a traditional website, a user’s time will be consumed in activities such as listening, reading, or viewing while on a modern website he or she will experience several interactive elements.
2. Increase your sales with an Integration System
With the help of an integration system, web applications and websites can integrate with other existing systems outside.
Integration system for business web applications
- Business Web Applications such as an e-shop utilize CRM (Comprehensive Relationship Manager) system to get easy access to the data of their customers.
- This stored data will then be used to analyze customer behavior, preferences, questions, communication, etc.
- CRM also provides updates on information about any change in customer behavior patterns in the stored data.
- This updating process lets businesses connect with their customers thereby generating increased sales.
- As for the websites, CRM integration is possible but this is not usually seen as websites rarely implement such a system.
3. Authentication required for Web Applications and Websites
Authentication is specifically essential for web applications for security purposes. Websites may or may not require authentication.
The authentication system utilizes an individual’s account credentials such as login id and password for enhanced security. This is done to prevent any sensitive data from being leaked out.
Authentication- Web Applications
- Web applications need more security and authentication becomes mandatory.
- For instance, a user will need to share his or her personal details while using Social Media sites or platforms. An identification number, which is unique for each user, is shared with the users to ensure a safe and secure experience for their accounts
- An authentication system in web applications prevents spam emails and hackers from attacking your accounts.
Websites that are primarily based on information might not require authentication. Few websites ask users to register before they move ahead while few may not make it compulsory for them to register. When a user logs in through proper registration, it reduces the number of spammers.
Web applications & their types
Ever heard about a Web Portal? Read on to know.
A Web Portal provides customized content to its users to enhance their personal experience. The content displayed before the user is based on several sources. This enables the user to see and read what is useful to them and as per their specific requirements.
Web Portals act as the central hub for different web applications.
What are Online stores?
In a fast-paced world, almost all people must have used an online store at least once. Most of us have even become habitual to them.
Clicking a button and being able to buy whatever you want or need is indeed a very convenient thing. Making online payments through sharing their information including credit card details, email, mobile number, etc.
To make use of this online facility all you require is to be an authorized user.
Whom to search for, Website Developers or Web Application Developers?
Choosing between Website developers and Web Application developers clearly depends on your business goals and requirements.
Visiting a Web Studio will be a good option in case you want a website that appears professional and attractive at the same time.
On the other hand, you must visit Web Application developers in case your requirements are more than basic. If you would like to scale up the interactive and integration function of your website then Web Application developers will be of great help. You can search for the best companies offering website application development for a secure website.
The one thing you must not compromise while searching for a company should be that the web application development company must be capable enough to meet your business needs along with making your online presence visibly perfect.
As yourself, whether you want to simply provide information to your users and customers or you want to interact with them.
Websites are perfect if you just want to inform your users while Web Applications are better only if you want to interact and consider top-level security for websites along with a diverse range of other functions.